Monday, July 22, 2013

cherished

It's been a little while! I promised myself I'd be consistent at with posting... but hey, no one's perfect right? Anyways, I'd like to share some of my thoughts today, if that's okay with all of you. This post is going to be pretty personal, so I hope those of you reading this don't get too bored, but I have to say some things about people that I really cherish in my life. In the near future, I think I'll post about my family, but I want to tell the entire world about my close friends I have come upon recently. A lot of these thoughts no one really knows about, so here's to putting them out on a wire!

First, I want to start off by talking about someone who has been closest to me for a year now. (Keep in mind, I've mentioned a few of these people in earlier posts. Sorry if you get a little bit of deja vu.) Haley Wallace, has been my best friend for an entire year. Holy freaking crap how time flies! I remember last spring semester when I met her for the first time. Want to know what were the first things that ran through my mind? "How on earth, could a girl like her ever want to be friends with me?" I still think that sometimes. She's absolutely beautiful. There's this charisma about her, I feel like I could reach out and touch it. She has this glow... this might sound crazy but I swear to you it's a light pink. I've never seen anything like it. Like who the crap, would have a light pink glow about them? Only Haley Wallace. I catch myself staring at her all the time... people on the outside probably think I have a crush on her. That's fine. Because I do. I have no shame. Something about our friendship, most people make fun of us for this, but we are literally the most opposite people could be. When I say opposite, I mean polar. Little bit of a side track here... for some background information on me, I am a pretty huge nerd. Video games, anime, drawing, nerdy clothes, the whole nine yards. Then there's Haley, pretty girly girl. I don't think she had touched a video game until 3 days ago! That was a life changer! Anyways, our interests are pretty different to say the least. However, I have never gotten so close to someone so quickly. I have had many people close to me in my lifetime, but the difference with our relationship is, at least for me, I have really had to work at it. Our friendship comes easily, I am perfectly comfortable around her, and no one makes me laugh more. But, I have come to notice that when the going gets tough, my natural reaction is to run, and in most other friendships, I have. I'll put this lightly... she isn't going to let me give up so easily ;) There have been a few bumps in the road, and despite our set backs, I know that I can count on her for anything. I mean heck, she's seen me cry probably more than anyone else! I feel like I have known her way before this life. The times I have come to really love, is when we are just laughing relentlessly. There's something about looking over and seeing her smile that just lets me know, everything is going to be okay. She has been my rock for a long while now. There have been many times where I have reached my all time low, I didn't know if I could pick myself up, and there she was, reaching out her hand for me to grab. She may not know, that the time she has spent with me over this last year, has meant more to me than I could ever express. If you ever get the privilege to encounter this amazing girl, consider yourself extremely lucky. I still count the blessings of having her in my life. I will never be able to put the love I have for her into words, she is no longer my best friend, but my sister.

Then there's Lindsey Evans. Haha, this broad. You know how sometimes you really just get off on the wrong foot with someone? Well, me and Lindz successfully made that a true statement. Me and Lindz met last spring semester as well. Haley actually introduced us. Funny huh? My two best friends met before I even knew they existed, and they were gracious enough to allow me into their lives. Something I still thank God for everyday. Although me and Lindz have known each other for a year as well, we didn't get super close until this semester. It's only been a couple months, but I feel the previous months before this semester almost don't even matter. I regret the lost time, believe me. There she was, such a beautiful, and caring person right in front of my face for months, and we just now became pretty inseparable. Something that I'm kind of embarrassed about... this past week I have called this poor girl everyday asking where she is. I feel like at times I annoy her, with how needy I am... but, when she's not around, I feel empty. Weird? Maybe that's too close for comfort, but at this point I don't care! I don't think she realizes how much I have needed her, and how much her friendship means to me. For those of you who don't know her, I'm sorry. You're missing out on getting to know such an amazing person. The closer I have gotten to her, the more she's opened up to me, the more surprised I am. Not in a bad way, in a different way. It scares me how alike we are, literally. We have gone through a lot of the same experiences. I feel like she understands me on a different level than everyone else. She has really been there to listen, even at times when I didn't want to talk. The thought of her leaving tomorrow makes me want to slit my wrists... don't worry I won't! Doesn't mean the urge will be any less... If I could describe her in one word? Stunning. Outwardly, my word. She is breath taking, such a effortless beauty. Inwardly? Bigolly, you bet. She has one of the biggest hearts. I know she will always be in my life. I'd like to thank her, for allowing these past couple months to be some of the best I've ever had.

Now on to Jessica Christian. We just met this semester, and can I say she was an answer to my many prayers. I've had many crappy roommates in the past, I can't even begin to get into those experiences. She has fit into our small little friend group so nicely! I've come to really know and love her for the beautiful girl she is. It's cute to see how innocent she is. It's crazy to think I haven't known her before now, but I am excited to see where our friendship goes. This fall is going to be crazy fun, me and this chick are gonna paint the town red :)

It's been truly amazing to sit back and reflect on these friendships. I have really been blessed to come to know these exceptional people. I approve the envy that may come my way ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment